By Charlotte B. Becker
Read or Download A History of Western Ethics PDF
Similar ethics & morality books
This newly revised and up to date variation of A heritage of Western Ethics is a coherent and obtainable review of an important figures and influential principles of the heritage of ethics within the Western philosophical tradition.
“Ni el sol ni los angeles muerte pueden mirarse fijamente”, escribió François dela Rochefoucauld. Y, cuando menos, esto los diferencia del sexo: pues pocos son los hombres y las mujeres que le temen y se privan de mirarlo fijamente. ¿Por qué, si me dispongo a hablar de l. a. sexualidad, he pensado en en esta frase para titular mi libro?
This e-book assesses the moral implications of utilizing armed unmanned aerial automobiles (‘hunter-killer drones’) in modern conflicts. the yankee approach of struggle is trending clear of the heroic and in the direction of the post-heroic, pushed by way of a political choice for air-powered administration of strategic dangers and the aid of actual hazard to US body of workers.
Now in an up to date variation with clean views on high-profile moral matters akin to torture and same-sex marriage, this assortment pairs cogently argued essays by means of top philosophers with opposing perspectives on fault-line public issues. Revised and up to date re-creation with six new pairs of essays on sought after modern concerns together with torture and same-sex marriage, and a survey of theories of ethics by way of Stephen Darwall best philosophers take on colleagues with opposing perspectives in contrasting essays on center concerns in utilized ethics a fantastic semester-length direction textual content guaranteed to generate lively dialogue
- Ensayo para contribuir a una gramatica del asentimiento (Spanish Edition)
- Moral Self-Regard: Duties to Oneself in Kant's Moral Theory (Studies in Ethics)
- La Rebelión de Atlas (Spanish Edition)
- Adam Smith's Moral Philosophy: A Historical and Contemporary Perspective on Markets, Law, Ethics, and Culture (Historical Perspectives on Modern Economics)
- Practical Ethics for Food Professionals: Ethics in Research, Education and the Workplace (Institute of Food Technologists Series)
Additional resources for A History of Western Ethics