By Thomas F. King
- Edited by means of one of many world's prime specialists within the box of cultural source administration, with contributions through quite a lot of specialists, together with archaeologists, architectural historians, museum curators, historians, and representatives of affected groups
- Offers a extensive view of cultural source administration that comes with archaeological websites, cultural landscapes, old buildings, shipwrecks, medical and technological websites and gadgets, in addition to intangible assets equivalent to language, faith, and cultural values
- Highlights the realities that face CRM practitioners "on the ground"
Read or Download A Companion to Cultural Resource Management (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Best archaeology books
This specific e-book deals a theoretical framework for ancient archaeology that explicitly is dependent upon community idea. Charles E. Orser, Jr. , demonstrates the necessity to learn the influence of colonialism, Eurocentrism, capitalism, and modernity on all archaeological websites inhabited after 1492 and exhibits how those large-scale forces create a hyperlink between the entire websites.
Archäometrie befasst sich mit der Entwicklung und Anwendung naturwissenschaftlicher Methoden und Konzepte zur Lösung archäologischer Fragestellungen. Damit forscht sie an der Schnittstelle zwischen Natur- und Geisteswissenschaften. Archäologen, Physiker, Chemiker, Bio- und Geowissenschaftler geben hier einen Überblick über den heutigen Stand der vielfältigen archäometrischen Ansätze: Grundlagen, Fallbeispiele und Anwendungsmöglichkeiten.
A striking monograph at the prehistoric population of Antillles. This paintings used to be the 1st to contemplate the Antilles as an entire unit or tradition zone. themes contain; faith, archaeological gadgets, archaeological websites, pottery, artifacts, rock engravings, primarily the entire significant subject matters at the prehistoric humans of the world are addressed right here.
Who owns the earlier and the gadgets that bodily attach us to heritage? And who has the ideal to come to a decision this possession, quite whilst the gadgets are sacred or, in relation to skeletal is still, human? Is it the museums that take care of the gadgets or the groups whose ancestors made them? those questions are on the center of Plundered Skulls and Stolen Spirits, an unflinching insider account by way of a number one curator who has spent years studying the way to stability those debatable concerns.
- Cypriote Antiquities in Berlin in the Focus of New Research: Conference in Berlin, 8 May 2013 (Schriften des Instituts für Interdisziplinäre Zypern-Studien)
- Revolutionary Economies: What Archaeology Reveals about the Birth of American Capitalism
- Explorations into Highland New Guinea, 1930-1935
- Ceramics, Chronology, and Community Patterns: An Archaeological Study at Moundville
- Late Pleistocene Archaeology and Ecology in the Far Northeast (Peopling of the Americas Publications)
- Mycenaean Greece and the Aegean World: Palace and Province in the Late Bronze Age
Extra resources for A Companion to Cultural Resource Management (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)